Monday May 30th: The troop will be taking part in the yearly Memorial Day Parade again this year...Plan to meet in the MES bus parking lot at 12:45. Please bring a water bottle and any candy you may wish to toss to bystanders. This is an important event every year as we show the presence of Scouting in town. Please participate if you are available.... Full Class A uniform is required.
- May 24 is the last day to hand in health forms to guarantee prior review by a nurse. Any corrections needed will be returned by the May 31 meeting and should be brought back by the June 14 meeting (or other arrangements made).
- Merit badge sign-up is appreciated as soon as possible so that space can be reserved online to ensure everyone gets the classes and times they want.
- Tentmate selection should also be done asap for site planning purposes.
- June 14 at 7pm is the pre-camp meeting. All campers and a parent, please plan to attend. This is a new date to allow scouts more time for any merit badge prerequisites.
- Summer camp is July 10-15!
- More information and forms on the link (see left margin). Questions? See Mrs. Neary or Mr. Steinbrecher
Our Spring Court of Honor will be Sunday, June 12 at 2pm at the Congregational Church. This will be a special event as we will be honoring Sean Neary's accomplishment of attaining the rank of Eagle as well as having our standard rank and merit badge awards. All scouts and families are invited.
The June campout will be a canoe trip to Selden Island on the Connecticut River. We will meet at the Church on Saturday morning, June 4, at 8:00am and plan to be off to the river by 8:30. We will plan to be back on Sunday, June 5, around 2:00pm. All gear will be loaded into a canoe and then the scouts will canoe to the campground. There is no vehicle access to the campground. All gear should be properly waterproofed so that it will not get wet during the canoe ride. Please let Mr. Steinbrecher know if you have a canoe the troop can use. Sign up is posted on the left.
1-4 of 4